Trademarks, Copyright, and Acknowledgments
OneLook® Dictionary Search is a free service developed and maintained by Datamuse. It's been in continuous operation since 1996! Many people have contributed to OneLook over the years:
- From 1996 to to 2002, Robert Ware started and ran an earlier version of the site.
In 2002 Doug Beeferman implemented the current OneLook search engine and website.
It is now part of
the Datamuse collection of language arts websites.
- Our service would be meaningless (literally!) without the hard work
of hundreds of dictionary providers
on the Web.
- The content that appears in the "Quick Definitions" section of our results
pages derives primarily from WordNet,
a project of Princeton University [license info], and data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
It also derives from the hundreds of user-submitted additions and corrections we've received over the years.
- The encyclopedia excerpts that appear on some of the results pages
are from Wikipedia,
a collaborative encyclopedia made available
under the GNU Free Documentation License, and are used with permission.
- The customized logos you see on this site from time to time were designed by
Twotone Studio of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Material on this site is protected by copyright law.
"OneLook" is a registered trademark.