Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 11 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word retains:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "retains" is defined.
General (8 matching dictionaries)
- retains: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- retains: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
- Retains, retains: Wordnik [home, info]
- retains: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary [home, info]
- Retains: Wiktionary [home, info]
- retains: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- retains: Cambridge Dictionary of American English [home, info]
- retains: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (1 matching dictionary)
- retains: Legal dictionary [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- retains: Medical dictionary [home, info]
Miscellaneous (1 matching dictionary)
- RETAINS: Acronym Finder [home, info]
(Note: See retain for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (retain)
▸ verb: secure and keep for possible future use or application
("The landlord retained the security deposit"
▸ verb: allow to remain in a place or position
("She retains a lawyer"
▸ verb: hold within
("This soil retains water"
▸ verb: keep in one's mind
("I cannot retain so much information"
▸ Also see retain
Additional searches for retains...
Search completed in 0.041 seconds.