Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 8 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word lowbell:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "lowbell" is defined.
General (8 matching dictionaries)
- lowbell: Wordnik [home, info]
- Lowbell: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Lowbell: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- lowbell: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Lowbell: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- lowbell: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- lowbell: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Lowbell: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Quick definitions (lowbell)|
(n.) A bell to be hung on the neck of a sheep.
(n.) A bell used in fowling at night, to frighten birds, and, with a sudden light, to make them fly into a net.
(v. t.) To frighten, as with a lowbell.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)