Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 8 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word impales:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "impales" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- impales: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- impales: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
- impales: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary [home, info]
- impales: Wiktionary [home, info]
- impales: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- impales: Cambridge Dictionary of American English [home, info]
- impales: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (1 matching dictionary)
- impales: Legal dictionary [home, info]
(Note: See impale for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (impale)
▸ verb: kill by piercing with a spear or sharp pole
("The enemies were impaled and left to die"
▸ verb: pierce with a sharp stake or point
("Impale a shrimp on a skewer"
▸ Also see impale
▸ Words similar to impales