Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 9 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word distends:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "distends" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- distends: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- distends: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
- distends: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary [home, info]
- distends: Wiktionary [home, info]
- distends: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Distends: Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia [home, info]
- distends: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (1 matching dictionary)
- distends: Legal dictionary [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- distends: Medical dictionary [home, info]
(Note: See distend for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (distend)
▸ verb: swell from or as if from internal pressure
("The distended bellies of the starving cows"
▸ verb: cause to expand as it by internal pressure
("The gas distended the animal's body"
▸ verb: become wider
▸ Also see distend
▸ Words similar to distends