Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
Note: More dictionaries have definitions for
-- could that be what you meant?|
We found 5 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word carpetbaggery:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "carpetbaggery" is defined.
General (4 matching dictionaries)
- carpetbaggery: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- carpetbaggery: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition [home, info]
- carpetbaggery: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- carpetbaggery: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Computing (1 matching dictionary)
- carpetbaggery: Encyclopedia [home, info]
(Note: See carpetbagger for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (carpetbagger)
▸ noun: an outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously
("After the Civil War the carpetbaggers from the north tried to take over the south"
▸ Also see carpetbagger
Additional searches for carpetbaggery...
Search completed in 0.034 seconds.