Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 12 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word avowry:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "avowry" is defined.
General (9 matching dictionaries)
- avowry: Infoplease Dictionary [home, info]
- Avowry, avowry: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Avowry: Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia [home, info]
- Avowry: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- avowry: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Avowry: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- avowry: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- avowry: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Avowry: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (2 matching dictionaries)
- AVOWRY: Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856 Edition [home, info]
- Avowry: Legal dictionary [home, info]
Miscellaneous (1 matching dictionary)
- AVOWRY, AVOWRY, AVOWRY: Terminology and Descriptions of Geneaological Words [home, info]
Quick definitions (avowry)|
(n.) An advocate; a patron; a patron saint.
(n.) The act of the distrainer of goods, who, in an action of replevin, avows and justifies the taking in his own right.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)
▸ Words similar to avowry