Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 10 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word averts:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "averts" is defined.
General (8 matching dictionaries)
- averts: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- averts: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
- Averts, averts: Wordnik [home, info]
- averts: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary [home, info]
- averts: Wiktionary [home, info]
- averts: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- averts: Cambridge Dictionary of American English [home, info]
- averts: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (1 matching dictionary)
- averts: Legal dictionary [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- averts: Medical dictionary [home, info]
(Note: See avert for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (avert)
▸ verb: turn away or aside
("They averted their eyes when the King entered"
▸ verb: prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening
("Avert a strike"
▸ Also see avert
Additional searches for averts...
Search completed in 0.031 seconds.