Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 9 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word atrabiliary:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "atrabiliary" is defined.
General (8 matching dictionaries)
- atrabiliary: Wordnik [home, info]
- Atrabiliary, atrabiliary: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Atrabiliary: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- atrabiliary: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Atrabiliary: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- atrabiliary: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- atrabiliary: The Phrontistery - A Dictionary of Obscure Words [home, info]
- Atrabiliary: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- atrabiliary: online medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (atrabiliary)|
(a.) Melancholic or hypohondriac; atrabilious; -- from the supposed predominance of black bile, to the influence of which the ancients attributed hypochondria, melancholy, and mania.
(a.) Of or pertaining to atra bilis or black bile, a fluid formerly supposed to be produced by the kidneys.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)