Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 8 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word absolves:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "absolves" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- absolves: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- absolves: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
- absolves: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary [home, info]
- absolves: Wiktionary [home, info]
- absolves: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- absolves: Cambridge Dictionary of American English [home, info]
- absolves: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (1 matching dictionary)
- absolves: Legal dictionary [home, info]
(Note: See absolve for more definitions.)
Quick definitions from WordNet (absolve)
▸ verb: let off the hook
("I absolve you from this responsibility"
▸ verb: grant remission of a sin to
("The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's"
▸ Also see absolve
▸ Words similar to absolves