Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 10 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word approvement:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "approvement" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- Approvement: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Approvement: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- approvement: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Approvement: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- approvement: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- approvement: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Approvement: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Business (3 matching dictionaries)
- Approvement: THE 'LECTRIC LAW LIBRARY'S REFERENCE ROOM [home, info]
- APPROVEMENT: Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856 Edition [home, info]
- Approvement: Legal dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (approvement)|
(n.) Improvement of common lands, by inclosing and converting them to the uses of husbandry for the advantage of the lord of the manor.
(n.) a confession of guilt by a prisoner charged with treason or felony, together with an accusation of his accomplish and a giving evidence against them in order to obtain his own pardon. The term is no longer in use; it corresponded to what is now known as turning king's (or queen's) evidence in England, and state's evidence in the United States.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)
▸ Words similar to approvement