|Did this word (bead proof) satisfy your request (sinking)? Yes No|
Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 7 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word bead proof:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "bead proof" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- bead proof: Wordnik [home, info]
- Bead proof: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Bead proof: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- Bead proof: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- bead-proof: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- bead proof: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Bead proof: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Quick definitions (bead proof)|
() A degree of strength in alcoholic liquor as shown by beads or small bubbles remaining on its surface, or at the side of the glass, when shaken.
() Among distillers, a certain degree of strength in alcoholic liquor, as formerly ascertained by the floating or sinking of glass globules of different specific gravities thrown into it; now ascertained by more accurate meters.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)
Additional searches for bead proof...
Search completed in 0.036 seconds.