Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 10 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word water spider:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "water spider" is defined.
General (9 matching dictionaries)
- water spider: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- water spider: Wordnik [home, info]
- water spider: Wiktionary [home, info]
- Water spider, water spider: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Water Spider: Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia [home, info]
- Water spider: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- Water spider: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- water spider: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- water spider: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- water spider: online medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (water spider)|
() A water mite.
() An aquatic European spider (Argyoneta aquatica) which constructs its web beneath the surface of the water on water plants. It lives in a bell-shaped structure of silk, open beneath like a diving bell, and filled with air which the spider carries down in the form of small bubbles attached one at a time to the spinnerets and hind feet. Called also diving spider.
() Any spider that habitually lives on or about the water, especially the large American species (Dolomedes lanceolatus) which runs rapidly on the surface of water; -- called also raft spider.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)