|Did this word (gonfanon) satisfy your request (republics)? Yes No|
Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 9 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word gonfanon:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "gonfanon" is defined.
General (9 matching dictionaries)
- gonfanon: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- gonfanon: Wordnik [home, info]
- gonfanon: Infoplease Dictionary [home, info]
- gonfanon: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Gonfanon: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- Gonfanon: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- gonfanon: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- Gonfanon: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898) [home, info]
- gonfanon: Free Dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (gonfanon)|
(n.) A name popularly given to any flag which hangs from a crosspiece or frame instead of from the staff or the mast itself.
(n.) The ensign or standard in use by certain princes or states, such as the mediaeval republics of Italy, and in more recent times by the pope.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)
Additional searches for gonfanon...
Search completed in 0.046 seconds.