Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 15 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word draff:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "draff" is defined.
General (13 matching dictionaries)
- draff: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- draff: Wordnik [home, info]
- draff: Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th Ed. [home, info]
- draff: Infoplease Dictionary [home, info]
- Draff, draff, draff: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Draff: Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia [home, info]
- Draff: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- draff: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Draff: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- draff: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- draff: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- draff: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
- draff: Worthless Word For The Day [home, info]
Computing (1 matching dictionary)
- Draff: Encyclopedia [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- Draff: Medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (draff)|
(n.) A current of air. Same as Draught.
(n.) A drawing of lines for a plan; a plan delineated, or drawn in outline; a delineation. See Draught.
(n.) A narrow border left on a finished stone, worked differently from the rest of its face.
(n.) A narrow border worked to a plane surface along the edge of a stone, or across its face, as a guide to the stone-cutter.
(n.) A selecting or detaching of soldiers from an army, or from any part of it, or from a military post; also from any district, or any company or collection of persons, or from the people at large; also, the body of men thus drafted.
(n.) An allowance or deduction made from the gross veight of goods.
(n.) An order from one person or party to another, directing the payment of money; a bill of exchange.
(n.) Depth of water necessary to float a ship. See Draught.
(n.) Refuse; lees; dregs; the wash given to swine or cows; hogwash; waste matter.
(n.) The act of drawing; also, the thing drawn. Same as Draught.
(n.) The form of any writing as first drawn up; the first rough sketch of written composition, to be filled in, or completed. See Draught.
(n.) The slant given to the furrows in the dress of a millstone.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)