Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 8 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word whidah bird:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "whidah bird" is defined.
General (7 matching dictionaries)
- whidah bird: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- whidah-bird, whidah bird: Wordnik [home, info]
- Whidah bird: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Whidah bird: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- Whidah bird: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- whidah bird: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- Whidah bird: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- whidah bird: online medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (whidah bird)|
() Any one of several species of finchlike birds belonging to the genus Vidua, native of Asia and Africa. In the breeding season the male has very long, drooping tail feathers. Called also vida finch, whidah finch, whydah bird, whydah finch, widow bird, and widow finch.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)