Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases
We found 11 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word regrate:
Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "regrate" is defined.
General (10 matching dictionaries)
- regrate: Collins English Dictionary [home, info]
- regrate: Wordnik [home, info]
- regrate: Infoplease Dictionary [home, info]
- Regrate, regrate: Dictionary.com [home, info]
- Regrate: Online Plain Text English Dictionary [home, info]
- regrate: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition [home, info]
- Regrate: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary [home, info]
- regrate: Webster's 1828 Dictionary [home, info]
- regrate: Free Dictionary [home, info]
- regrate: Dictionary/thesaurus [home, info]
Medicine (1 matching dictionary)
- regrate: online medical dictionary [home, info]
Quick definitions (regrate)|
(v. t.) To buy in large quantities, as corn, provisions, etc., at a market or fair, with the intention of selling the same again, in or near the same place, at a higher price, -- a practice which was formerly treated as a public offense.
(v. t.) To offend; to shock.
(v. t.) To remove the outer surface of, as of an old hewn stone, so as to give it a fresh appearance.
(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)